Gary J. Hunter Excellence in Mentoring Award – Call for Nominations
Nominations due by noon Friday, February 17 in the AFT Office, Robinson Hall, Room 100
Nominees for the annual Gary J. Hunter Award for Excellence in Mentoring Rowan University Students are requested. We seek to recognize AFT members (faculty, professional staff, coaches and librarians) who go to extraordinary lengths to mentor students. This award acknowledges the efforts of those who mentor students as exemplified by Gary J. Hunter, a professor of history at Rowan University for 29 years, ensuring that while such efforts often go unnoticed, they will not go unappreciated.
The recipient of the award will be honored at the University Awards Ceremony.
Nomination packets can be picked up in the AFT Office, Robinson Hall, Room 100 or download the forms.
Gary Hunter Award Nom.Form 2017
Thank you everyone who helped out with the Holiday Drive for Glassboro HeadStart. We just delivered 112 new books and 106 hats and glove sets to the Glassboro Headstart for the children 3-5 years old for their holiday party on Friday, December 16th.
In picture is Lori Block CAC Chair, LuAnn Maslanik Assistant CAC Chair and Glassboro Head Start Teachers!
The American Federation of Teachers (AFT) of Rowan University is holding a drive for its holiday project: collecting new hats, gloves and books for 102 children, ages three (3) to five (5), to benefit the Glassboro HeadStart Center.
Please drop off unwrapped donations to the site coordinators listed below by Dec. 9th. AFT reps will deliver the items Dec. 15th and 16th.
- AFT Office: Robinson Hall, First Floor
- Lori Block: Department of Public Relations and Advertising, 301 West High Street, 2nd Floor Student Lounge
- Diane Doorman: Interdisciplinary and Inclusive Education Department, James Hall, 3rd floor
- Christine Larsen Britt: College of Humanities & Social Sciences Dean’s Suite, Bunce Hall, 2nd Floor
- LuAnn Maslanik: Financial Aid, Savitz Hall, Lower Level
- Lesley Mateo: Camden Campus
- Gisselle Mayock: Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, Lobby
- Esther Mummert: University Advising Center, Savitz Hall, 3rd floor
- Patricia Quigley: University Relations, Bole Hall, Suite 117
- Sheila Stevenson: Sports Information Office, Esby Gym
You also may bring contributions to the AFT table at the University Holiday Luncheon on Dec. 9th.
If you have a donation but can’t make it to a donation site, you are welcome to drop it in an interoffice box or envelope and forward it to Lori Block, 301 West High Street, Room 213.
As always, thank you for your generosity!