AFT Retirees Executive Committee
Rose Glassberg, President
Ed Wolfe, Vice President
Fran Mitchell, Secretary
John Gallagher, Treasurer
Bill Garabrant, Membership Chair
Mel Moyer, Officer-at-Large
Toni Libro, Communications/Newsletter Editor
Mary Lee Donahue, Communications
To provide a pleasant social network for the community of Rowan University AFT Retirees by holding regular meetings throughout the academic year, by creating a variety of outreach activities, and by establishing educational incentives, such as scholarships for deserving students.
- To celebrate our professional lives as college/university educators and professional staff.
- To share current and common interests with one another in formal and informal venues.
- To support and award a variety of scholarships to deserving Rowan students each year, and be responsive to various student needs.
- To publish a newsletter on a regular basis throughout the year for the membership and selected members of the Local and larger Rowan community.
- To disseminate information detailing the holding of and proceedings of meetings, such as letters, minutes, and notes, along with other material deemed relevant, by the President.
- To reach out to retirees who experience health issues though our Good and Welfare Committee and acknowledge our departed.
- To publish a Membership Directory at appropriate intervals with updated information about the membership, the history of the Chapter, and our In Memoriam.
- To secure revenue through annual dues and contributions, and fundraisers, such as the annual Holiday Bazaar.
- To seek and welcome new members into the Chapter and assist in their transition to retirement, by offering Retirement Workshops and the Recent Retirees Reception each fall.
- To hold elections every two years for the AFT Retirees Executive Committee.