The American Federation of Teachers (AFT) of Rowan University is holding a drive for its holiday project: collecting new hats, gloves and books for 102 children, ages three (3) to five (5), to benefit the Glassboro HeadStart Center.
Please drop off unwrapped donations to the site coordinators listed below by Dec. 9th. AFT reps will deliver the items Dec. 15th and 16th.
- AFT Office: Robinson Hall, First Floor
- Lori Block: Department of Public Relations and Advertising, 301 West High Street, 2nd Floor Student Lounge
- Diane Doorman: Interdisciplinary and Inclusive Education Department, James Hall, 3rd floor
- Christine Larsen Britt: College of Humanities & Social Sciences Dean’s Suite, Bunce Hall, 2nd Floor
- LuAnn Maslanik: Financial Aid, Savitz Hall, Lower Level
- Lesley Mateo: Camden Campus
- Gisselle Mayock: Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, Lobby
- Esther Mummert: University Advising Center, Savitz Hall, 3rd floor
- Patricia Quigley: University Relations, Bole Hall, Suite 117
- Sheila Stevenson: Sports Information Office, Esby Gym
You also may bring contributions to the AFT table at the University Holiday Luncheon on Dec. 9th.
If you have a donation but can’t make it to a donation site, you are welcome to drop it in an interoffice box or envelope and forward it to Lori Block, 301 West High Street, Room 213.
As always, thank you for your generosity!
The Community Awareness Committee of the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) will be hosting an Outreach Table at the Pitman Craft Fair on Saturday, May 14th from 8 am to 4 pm. This craft fair is a regional draw and vendors get much exposure; thousands of people attend this event. Our participation will be to enhance the image of the union and to create good will in our community as we negotiate our contract.
WE NEED YOUR HELP! WE NEED VOLUNTEERS THAT DAY; from assembling in the morning and setting up the tent to working the day giving out AFT bags and working the Children’s Station to tearing down the tent that evening.
Everyone’s assistance is needed… even if you can only donate an hour of your time that day! Every bit helps!
Set up begins at 8-8:30 am, the fair begins at around 9 am and concludes at 4pm.
Email me at Block@rowan.edu your time of availability or how you would like to help that day (i.e. put up the tent and tables/ or take down the tent and tables or “person” the table).
Thank you for your continued support!
Chair, AFT Community Awareness Committee
The Community Awareness Committee of the AFT is hosting a SODA TAB DRIVE to benefit the Ronald McDonald House in Camden. This drive will run from March 1st to the 31st. We could use YOUR assistance!!!
Drop off sites:
The AFT Office, Robinson Hall, Room 100
- Esther Mummert, University Advising Center, Savitz Hall 3rd Floor
- LuAnn Maslanik, Financial Aid, Savitz Hall 1st Floor
- Christine Larsen-Britt, Bunce Hall, Room 257
- Ivelisse Silva- Campbell Library 5th Floor
- Marybeth Hegel, Memorial Hall, SWA Window in Suite 147
- Lori Block, 301 West High Street, 2nd Floor Student Lounge
If for some reason you can’t make it to a drop off site, “box up” or place them in an envelope, your soda tab donations and send them through Inter-Office Mail to:
301 West High Street
Thank you for your continued generosity!