The Community Awareness Committee of the AFT is hosting a SODA TAB DRIVE to benefit the Ronald McDonald House in Camden. This drive will run from March 1st to the 31st. We could use YOUR assistance!!!
Drop off sites:
The AFT Office, Robinson Hall, Room 100
- Esther Mummert, University Advising Center, Savitz Hall 3rd Floor
- LuAnn Maslanik, Financial Aid, Savitz Hall 1st Floor
- Christine Larsen-Britt, Bunce Hall, Room 257
- Ivelisse Silva- Campbell Library 5th Floor
- Marybeth Hegel, Memorial Hall, SWA Window in Suite 147
- Lori Block, 301 West High Street, 2nd Floor Student Lounge
If for some reason you can’t make it to a drop off site, “box up” or place them in an envelope, your soda tab donations and send them through Inter-Office Mail to:
301 West High Street
Thank you for your continued generosity!
The AFT through its Community Awareness Committee made custom valentines for the 300 veterans at the VA Hospital in Vineland. CAC member Esther Mummert hand delivered them while CAC Chair addressed 16 valentines being mailed to the local Gloucester and Camden County VFW posts. This was Valentines for Veterans!
Weather forecasters are saying it is going to be one cold winter… in response the AFT is hosting a hat and glove drive for children and teens.
The American Federation of Teachers (AFT) Community Awareness Committee is sponsoring a New Hat and Glove Drive to benefit The Center for Family Services (CFS) in Camden, NJ and the Angel of God Foundation in Pitman, NJ servicing a multi-county area. We are calling on the generosity of the entire university community to participate in this very worthy cause!!
Kick off was November 6th and it will run through Monday, December 7th, 2015. There will be donation boxes all around our campuses:
- The AFT Office, Robinson Hall, first floor, Room 100
- Shelia Stevenson, Sports Information Office, Esby Gym
- Christine Larsen Britt, Bunce Hall, Room 257
- Jon Foglein, Science Hall Main Office Room 130, ground floor
- Esther Mummert, University Advising Center, top floor Savitz Hall
- Amy Woodworth, Hawthorn Hall, Room 201
- Patricia Quigley, Bole Hall
- Lori Block, 301 West High Street, 2nd floor
- LuAnn Maslanik, Financial Aid Office in Savitz Hall, (lower level)
- Mary Beth Hegel, EIS first floor, Memorial Hall
- Maria Perez-Colon, outside of Room 106 in Rowan Hall
- Alicia Groatman, College of Education Advising Center, second floor James Hall
- Ivelisse Silva, Campbell Library
- Dawn Singleton, Camden Campus
- Gisselle Mayock, CRSMU
If you want to bring your donation to the Professional Staff Meeting on Friday, November 20th, I would most happy to take it!
With Black Friday closely approaching, one might find many bargains while shopping. Can you spare to throw in your shopping cart a pair of gloves and/or hat for a less fortunate child or teen?
Thank you in advance for your assistance and generosity with this Hat and Glove Drive!